Recipe: Teriyaki Beef with Green Beans
Teriyaki Beef & Green Beans
I wrote this recipe using green beans, but feel free to substitute broccoli, or mixed vegetables. This dinner comes together in less than 30 minutes. First, put your rice to cook, then follow the recipe below:
- 1 lb sirloin steak, sliced into think strips
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb fresh green beans cut into 1-inch pieces (or 1 bag frozen or 2 cans, drained)
- 8- oz fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Mojo Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Adobo Spice Blend
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- In a bowl, coat the steak with cornstarch and set aside.
- Melt butter and sauté Mojo Garlic Sauce in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add green beans, shallot and mushrooms. Cook until starting to soften, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add steak and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add teriyaki sauce. Cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until green beans and meat reach desired doneness. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately with white rice. Want low carb? Use lettuce or Napa cabbage leaves and turn it into lettuce wraps!