Recipe: Spinach & Artichoke Dip Pizza Flatbreads
You can use fresh spinach or frozen, but I recommend canned or jarred artichokes for this one. You can also use fresh pizza dough, or buy pitas to make them flatbreads.. whichever way you go, use the shortcut or pre-made dough to make this a quicker weeknight meal. You can also easily adapt this recipe for vegans, just use cheeses and sour cream. You can also use gluten free dough or bread, cauliflower crusts, or keto crusts, so this recipe is good for all types of dietary needs.
Pair with a simple salad to make this a balanced, healthy meal.
The dip can also be made in the crock pot for parties, just double the recipe. Another great thing is that the pizza can either be made in the oven or in the air fryer!
- 1 14-ounce can or jar of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Adobo Spice Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon Veggie Spice Blend
- 1 Tablespoon Mojo Garlic Sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 13.8-ounce can or ball of refrigerated classic pizza crust or 4 pita flatbreads
- 2 Tablespoons flour or cornmeal, for rolling out fresh dough
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (garnish is optional)
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 450 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet or pizza pan with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine artichoke hearts, spinach, sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, spices and mojo; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan; set aside.
- Working on a surface that has been sprinkled with flour or cornmeal, roll out the pizza into a 12-inch-diameter round. Transfer to prepared baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Spread artichoke mixture evenly over the pizza dough or pita flatbreads; top with remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Place into oven and bake for 15-20 minutes (8 minutes for air fryer) or until the crust is golden brown and the cheeses have melted.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired