Back to School Recipe: One-Pot Adobo Rice with Veggies
One-Pot Adobo Rice with Veggies
This one-pot adobo rice with veggies is a delightful and flavorful meal on its own or as a side dish. Want more protein? Add in cubed tofu or Mushrooms to keep It Vegan. Shrimp or cubed boneless chicken would be delicious options as well- just marinade them with Adobo and Mojo before adding to the rice!
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, corn)
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers (any color)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons Mama Milly's Adobo Spice Blend
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
1. In a large pot, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add diced onion and bell peppers, sautéing until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Stir in Mama Milly's Adobo Spice Blend and cook for another minute until fragrant.
3. Add the white rice to the pot and stir to coat it with the spices and vegetables.
4. Pour in the vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is tender and has absorbed the liquid.
5. Add the frozen mixed vegetables to the pot, stirring gently to combine. Cover the pot and let it cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the vegetables are heated through.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro before serving.