Spring Vegetable Pesto
This vibrant and flavorful spring vegetable pesto recipe is a celebration of the season's bounty. The fresh English peas, asparagus, spinach, and parsley come together with pine nuts, garlic, and Parmesan cheese to create a deliciously creamy and aromatic pesto that's perfect for pasta, sandwiches, or as a dip. The bright green color of this pesto is not only visually stunning, but also a testament to the freshness of the ingredients used. Whip up a batch of this pesto and savor the taste of springtime with every bite.
- 1 cup fresh English peas, shelled
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, tough ends removed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 Tablespoon Veggie Blend
- 1/3 cup Mojo Garlic Sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Blanch the English peas and asparagus in a pot of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the blanched peas and asparagus, spinach, parsley, scallions, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and veggie blend. Pulse until the ingredients are finely chopped.
- While the food processor is running, slowly pour in the mojo until the pesto is smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the pesto with your favorite pasta, as a spread on toasted bread, or toss on roasted vegetables. It's also a delicious finishing touch to add a tablespoon into soups before eating. You can also store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Enjoy!