Back To School Recipe: One-Pot BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Chili
One-Pot BBQ Chicken and Sweet Potato Chili
Enjoy these one-pot meals made with Mama Milly's products for a delicious and hassle-free cooking experience!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen, or canned)
-1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons Mama Milly's BBQ Dry Rub
-2 tablespoons Mama Milly's Mojo
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
1. In a large skillet or pot, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced sweet potatoes and cook until they start to soften, about 5 minutes.
2. Push the sweet potatoes to one side of the skillet and add the chicken pieces to the other side. Cook the chicken until it is browned on all sides, about 5-6 minutes.
3. Stir in Mama Milly's Mojo, BBQ Dry Rub, and tomatoes, coating the chicken and sweet potatoes evenly.
4. Add the black beans and corn to the skillet, stirring to combine all the ingredients.
5. Cover the skillet and let it cook for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and the sweet potatoes are tender.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro before serving. This one-pot BBQ chicken and sweet potato skillet is a delightful and wholesome meal that's bursting with flavors.
Note: Feel free to adjust the seasoning and spice levels according to your taste preferences.