What's in Season- April
The vegetables that are in season in April will vary depending on your location and climate. Overall, you can think of a lot of delicate vegetables that start off the harvest season. In general, some of the vegetables that are typically in season in April include:
- Asparagus: Asparagus is a delicious and nutritious spring vegetable that is often in season in April. It has a delicate, earthy flavor and is a good source of vitamins A and C, as well as fiber.
- Arugula: Arugula, also known as rocket or roquette, is a spicy and flavorful green that is often in season in April. It is high in vitamins A and C, and it has a slightly bitter taste that adds a punch of flavor to salads and other dishes.
- Radishes: Radishes are a crunchy and flavorful spring vegetable that are often in season in April. They come in a variety of colors and shapes, and they are a good source of vitamins C and B6, as well as potassium and magnesium.
- Peas: Peas are a sweet and tasty spring vegetable that are often in season in April. They are a good source of protein and fiber, and they can be enjoyed on their own, or used in soups, stews, and other dishes.
- Leeks: Leeks are a mild and flavorful member of the onion family that are often in season in April. They have a slightly sweet, onion-like flavor, and they are a good source of vitamins A and C, as well as iron and calcium.
These are just a few examples of the vegetables that may be in season in April. You can also check with your local farmers market or grocery store