Produce Food Safety Tips: Ensuring Freshness and Quality
Summer is an abundant time for fresh produce. Fruits and vegetables are at their peak growing and harvesting season, so make sure you're making the most out of these highly perishable products.
Proper handling and storage of produce are essential to maintain freshness, nutritional value, and safety. In this blog post, we'll share essential food safety tips for handling your fruits and vegetables. Plus, we'll provide insights on how Mama Milly's Mojo Garlic Sauce and Spice blends can complement your produce while adhering to best practices. Let's dive in!
- Wash Your Produce:
- Rinse fruits and vegetables under cold running water before consumption.
- Gently scrub firm produce with a brush to remove dirt and potential contaminants.
- Pat them dry with a clean cloth or paper towel to prevent bacterial growth.
- Store Produce Correctly:
- Keep produce that doesn't require refrigeration in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Store leafy greens, herbs, and other perishables in the refrigerator to maintain freshness.
- Mama Milly's Mojo Garlic Sauce and Spice blends can enhance the flavor of your produce when used as dressings, marinades, or seasonings.
- Avoid Cross-Contamination:
- Keep produce separate from raw meats, poultry, and seafood to prevent cross-contamination.
- Use separate cutting boards, knives, and utensils for fruits and vegetables.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize kitchen surfaces and equipment after handling raw proteins.