Recipe: Garlic Cream Sauce
Garlic Cream Sauce
Use this cream sauce as a base for other dishes, like my Butternut Squash Lasagna, or on its own for another pasta meal.
15 minutes- Prep 5min, Cook 10min
- 1/4 cup Mojo Garlic Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant, stirring constantly. Make sure not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute or until lightly golden, stirring constantly. You want to cook it just long enough so it doesn’t taste like raw flour.
- Gradually whisk in half and half. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until thickened, about 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. If any lumps form, just whisk them out. Simmer time will depend on multiple factors, one of them being the size of your pan. You basically want the sauce to cook just until thickened. Properly thickened sauce should coat the back of your spoon.
Toss with Pasta. Add a protein (like chicken or shrimp) and a vegetable (like spinach or broccoli) to make it a meal (this is a good time to mention my garlic bread recipe).
- Parmesan: Buy a chunk of fresh Parmesan cheese and grate it yourself. Bagged cheese normally has anti-clumping agents and does not melt well.
- Half and Half Substitute: You can make this sauce with whole milk. It will be slightly less creamy but still good. I do not recommend lower fat milk. Allow more time for the sauce to thicken when using milk.