Potato Leek Soup
A Cozy and Comforting Bowl of Warmth
Potato Leek Soup is a classic comfort food that never goes out of style. With its creamy texture and delicate flavors, it's the perfect meal for those chilly spring evenings. This easy-to-make soup is made with simple ingredients, including potatoes, leeks, and chicken or vegetable broth, and is seasoned with herbs and spices to taste. The end result is a warm, comforting, and filling soup that's sure to become a new favorite.
Here's a recipe for Potato Leek Soup that's easy to make and sure to please:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, sliced and well washed
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon Mojo Garlic Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Veggie Blend
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- Fresh parsley, chives or dill chopped, for garnish
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the sliced leeks and mojo, and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped potatoes, chicken or vegetable broth, Veggie Blend, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft and tender.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- If desired, stir in the heavy cream and heat through.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with fresh herbs. Enjoy!
Some other ideas for garnish are crumbled bacon, crumbles of blue cheese, shredded cheddar, or garlic croutons- just cube up bread, add Mojo Garlic Sauce and toast!